Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is this America? No, it's Chandigarh!

Chandigarh is a city and union territory in India; it is the capital of two states, the Punjab and Haryana. It has existed only since the 50s and was planned entirely by a Swiss architect, Le Corbusier. He planned everything from the layout of each city block to the sewer caps and chairs to be used in government buildings.

So its probably the cleanest, most organized, and best smelling Indian city. I felt like I was in Florida!
Is this America? Everyone has like three cars!


Zach's dad, Steve's colleague Harleen's husband Avinaash's mother's garden. There were some pretty birds hopping around in it too!
A beautiful palm tree on a clear sunny day.
My bedroom at my grandparent's house, just kidding, in Chandigarh.
Awesome bathroom. Hot water, what else can I say.
Funny sign.
Funny sign.
A little mandarin orange tree that is used to make fresh tasty marmalade!

3 comments:

  1. No hot water.. OK, no AC No Problem NO Mac&Cheese, I'm OUTTA here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, Forgot to sign my name. Hello from U. Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, so true. Miss you Uncle Doug! P.S. You should visit!

    ReplyDelete